VOLUNTEERING WITH PILLARS
Pillars is a combination of staff and volunteers, from various backgrounds and experiences, coming together to assist individuals in the Fox Cities who are facing homelessness and challenges to maintaining housing. Pillars depends on hardworking, dedicated and reliable volunteers on a daily basis. The first step to becoming a Pillars volunteer is to attend a volunteer orientation. Follow the link below to view and sign-up for an upcoming orientation.
Attending orientation is a requirement for all Pillars volunteers interested in volunteer in an individual role.
Orientation lasts approximately 60 minutes and covers:
- Organization overview
- Volunteer opportunities
- Volunteer Hot Jobs
- Handbook Overview
- Volunteer Application
Once you have attended orientation and completed the volunteer application and documents, the Volunteer Manager will contact you within one week to discuss scheduling and training in your desired position. Volunteer orientations do not guarantee a volunteer position – this is based on your availability and the needs of the organization.
If you are seeking volunteer opportunities for a group, please contact Pillars Volunteer Manager, Tony Schneider, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pillars welcomes individuals from all backgrounds and circumstances to join in our mission. From working the front desk at Pillars Resource Center, to providing landscape and construction assistance at any of Pillars’ 130+ properties, there are endless ways in which your time, skills, and talents can be used to assist those in need in the Fox Cities.
Please note the following restrictions and requirements to volunteer with Pillars:
- Minimum age requirements at each location are as follows;
- Adult & Family Shelter – 7 years old
- Adult Shelter – 14 years old
- Resource Center – 18 years old
- All volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
- Volunteers interested in an individual role must attend the 60-minute orientation prior to volunteering.
- Individuals who are currently receiving services, or have received services, must wait one calendar year from last receiving services to volunteer with Pillars.
View Pillars Volunteer Matrix to learn more about the volunteer opportunities available.